Wednesday 30 March 2011

Bamboo

Just a very quick post folks as its after 1am and I'm very sleepy :o

Must suggest one thing that every design student/artist/designer should invest in...

For a couple of months my bamboo has been locked away in the computer desk. I recently rediscovered the bamboo drawing tablet and can't let go of it! It makes using Photoshop, Illustrator and more so much easier. Drawing, colouring and resizing becomes much more quicker and fun :) The drawing tablet becomes your replacement to the mouse, even for internet browsing!

Prices for the small bamboo fun start at around £65 including the pen. Different sizes and models of drawing tablets vary, if you want to spend a little more money you can get something better but prices can go up into thousands. I would say the bamboo fun is excellent value for money and a great size so you can just pop it in your bag and take it wherever you go!

Much Love
Elaine
X

3 comments:

  1. I am interested in learning photoshop for photography. Do you find this significantly better than using the mouse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do find the bamboo significantly better than a mouse particularly when using Photoshop/Illustrator. I guess I don't use Photoshop for editing photography the way you will want to...so you're best researching it thoroughly first before you spend your money but I'm pretty certain it would make life easier once you're used to using it. Think of it as a pencil and paper. It is a little strange a first but don't be put off! It'll probably pay off using one saving you time and making things feel a little easier. However everyone has their own preferences. Here's a few links for you showing different views...

    http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews_wacom_bamboo.php

    http://www.ponybox.com/news_details.php?title=Graphics-Tablet-VS-Mouse&id=1054

    http://hubpages.com/hub/Could-a-Wacom-Tablet-Replace-Your-Mouse

    I'd recommend popping into a department store or computer store that sells them and have a go see what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your well described advice. I will do just that; go in to a department store. I think this is something i may need to invest in :)

    ReplyDelete